Living a healthy and fit lifestyle is a commitment that you make with yourself. It’s a battle between you vs. you for you. Living a life where you choose to make healthier eating and living choices, you are bound to see the positive impact of it on your body, your mind and your doctor visits.
But sometimes it’s not as easy as just saying “I’m going to get in shape.” Sometimes you need guidelines to follow in order to make the most out of your efforts
There are some rules that you should follow if you want to make your workout more effective. These rules will help you keep your exercise and nutrition efforts on track and help you reach your goal faster and with more success.
The rules are as follows:
- Never skip your warm up. Warm ups are very important at the beginning of your work out to stimulate the nervous system to prepare for the exercises you are about to do. Some people tend to avoid warm ups thinking that they do not lead to any muscle gain but they are essential if you want to prevent any future injury. If you don’t have time to warm up, you don’t have time to work out.
- Always keep yourself hydrated. Water should be your best friend if you care about your body even a little bit. Aim for one gallon of water per day.
You lose a high amount of water through sweating during exercises; this is why you have to increase your water intake to keep your bodily functions running in balance.
- Start lifting weights. It’s a common misconception that lifting weights will make you look like Hercules. It won’t, relax. Lifting weights will burn the excess body fat by increasing calorie burn and increasing the lean muscle mass too. This will result in a tighter, more defined looking body.
- Once or twice a week, incorporate cardio into your workout sessions. When your heart rate increases it improves the overall blood circulation in your body and delivers oxygen to every organ. Plus this will help you to work out for longer periods of time once your endurance builds up. Cardio can be things such as walking, running, swimming, climbing, etc. We recommend HIIT (high intensity interval training) if you’re looking to add cardio into your plan. One good 45 minute HIIT session can burn over 600 calories! You can schedule a free HIIT session with us here.
- Don’t just settle with one routine. It’s important to keep things fresh and interesting so that your mind and body always have some sort of challenge. Variety is the spice of life after all! Look to switch up your program every 4-12 weeks to keep your body stimulated with new exercises and results.
And if you have nowhere to go to practice these general fitness rules, or you know you’re not motivated to do this when you’re at home, search for “gym near me” or “boot camp near me” and join a gym that fully supports your goals. Check out Legion Transformation Center for fat burning workouts, done-for-you meal plans, and unmatched accountability coaching.
Leave a Comment